These are the current exhibitors at our 2016 Nottingham event. All text has been supplied by them and has not been validated by S-Lab. If you are interested in reaching our unique audience by exhibiting and/or sponsoring, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or see here for further details on each event.
Romero UK Ltd / Premier Laboratory Systems are sister companies which are leading suppliers of modular laboratory installations (including the three S-Lab 2016 conference venues at Nottingham, Rothamsted and Strathclyde). Romero manufactures and installs laboratory furniture tested and certified to EN13150. Premier manufactures and installs low energy fume cupboards tested to EN14175.
AECOM - Our specialist Science & Innovation team provides clients with business case support, pre-construction advice, masterplanning, delivery of new and refurbished laboratories and improved performance of existing ones.
BDP is an international practice of architects, engineers and urbanists who design sustainable masterplans and buildings for science and research across the academic, commercial and healthcare sectors, and deliver cost-effective solutions in response to complex briefs.
Critical Air Flow is a specialist in laboratory environmental control, including room airflow & pressurisation, fume cupboard containment and fume exhaust fan systems. Using the Aircuity DCV system, we can optimise room airflows to save energy, save money and improve safety.
Salix Finance delivers 100% interest-free capital to the public sector to improve their energy efficiency and reduce their carbon emissions.
Schneider Electric are the global leader in energy management and automation. Helping to manage energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable.
Romero UK Ltd / Premier Laboratory Systems are part of the Romero Group, leading manufacturers and suppliers of modular laboratory installations (including to the three S-Lab 2016 conference venues at Nottingham, Rothamsted and Strathclyde). Premier manufactures and installs low energy fume cupboards tested to EN14175 and Romero manufactures and supplies laboratory furniture tested and certificated to EN13150.
- The low air flow, high containment, range of DynamicFlow fume cupboards gets better and better with increased internal space and optional vision panels.
- We have over 1000 DynamicFlow units installed throughout the UK - in universities, pharmaceutical labs and research institutes.
- Combined with our Romerotech furniture range we have options for all types of installations.
AECOM (Gold Sponsor) Our specialist Science & Innovation team provides clients with business case support, pre-construction advice, masterplanning, delivery of new and refurbished laboratories and improved performance of existing ones.
- Meet the team who designed the Pirbright and Eli Lilly Laboratories which feature in last year’s Conference programme, and who are now engaged in the University of Nottingham GSK Sustainable Chemistry Laboratory that will be featured in the S-Lab Conference on September 21.
- Discuss your bio-containment and sustainable laboratory requirements with our experts.
- Attend our session on “GSK Lab in Depth: Carbon Neutrality and Energy Efficiency”.
AXAIR FANS Axair Fans UK is a fully independent distributor and manufacturer of fans and motors. As a result of our long standing within the industry we are able to advise on all fan selections as well as deal with the most complex of technical issues, including ATEX applications. Our team of specialist engineers are at your disposal to help with all your air movement requirements.
- Join Axair on our journey of new development, which combines technology with new energy efficiencies.
- Tap into Axair’s wealth of knowledge and experience of laboratory air movement.
- Let’s discuss ways of reducing energy costs with regards to air movement.
BDP (GOLD SPONSOR) BDP is an international practice of architects, engineers and urbanists who design sustainable masterplans and buildings for science and research across the academic, commercial and healthcare sectors, and deliver cost-effective solutions in response to complex briefs.
- Attend our session on “Designing for Multi-Disciplinary Collaboration at the University of Cambridge”.
- Meet the team who are working with the University of Cambridge and Astra Zeneca.
- Visit our stand to receive a brochure and view a showcase of our science and collaborative research projects.
COMPLIANCE ENGINEERING INTERNATIONAL (CEI) ensure that your laboratory is protected from internal and external sources of electromagnetic interference (EMI), creating a safe environment for scientists and the compatibility of sensitive research tools ensuring the accuracy of your research data. We work with architects, engineers and property owners in the research, medical, commercial and education sectors. CEI are experts in creating mitigation and shielding solutions in research environments.
- Design and Mitigation of electromagnetic fields to protect your research equipment. Information regarding new EU EMF Directives that impact on university and research laboratories.
- Recent projects include: Niels Bohr Bygningen, Qatar Foundation Research Institute, Dublin City University, University College Dublin.
- Visit our stand to win fine wines.
CPP WIND CPP Wind Engineering & Air Quality Consultants is a leading international wind engineering firm providing consulting services for wind effects on buildings and structures, exhaust dispersion for commercial, academic, and industrial facilities, and air flow in and around buildings.
- Learn the latest on SAFE and energy efficient laboratory extract design during two seminars presented by Brad Cochran, Director of Air Quality Services.
- Visit our booth to learn how CPP can SAFELY save you significant energy on your laboratory extract systems.
- Come and discuss how to obtain a free feasibility assessment of your potential savings.
CRITICAL AIR FLOW(GOLD SPONSOR) Critical Airflow (Gold Sponsor) is a specialist in laboratory environmental control, including room airflow & pressurisation, fume cupboard containment and fume exhaust fan systems. We offer three state-of-the-art solutions:
- AIRCUITY Demand Control Ventilation – optimise your laboratory airflows to save energy, save money and improve safety. A Return-On-Investment survey & report service is available free of charge.
- PHOENIX VAV Lab Airflow Control – save energy and reduce maintenance costs with our safe, stable, reliable and virtually maintenance-free controls for room air change rate and pressurisation, fume cupboard containment, local temperature and humidity.
- STROBIC High Dilution Exhaust Fan Systems – improve safety, reduce energy costs and reduce noise levels, without the need for tall stacks!
GERFLOR (Text coming)
GILSON SCIENTIFIC LIMITED Gilson provides high quality, dependable solutions for today’s demanding liquid chromatography, solid phase extraction and liquid handling requirements. From the trusted and famous PIPETMAN products to a full range of system solutions, Gilson is the element of choice for your laboratory.
- Our line of innovative products will revolutionise the lab; providing the durability, flexibility, modularity and ease-of-use the industry has come to expect from Gilson.
- We have a worldwide sales and service supporting the pharmaceutical, biotech, environmental, clinical, food and forensic markets.
- Our primary focus is on manual and automated liquid handling solutions.
HALTON PRODUCTS LTD Halton are a world leading innovator and manufacturer of ventilation and air distribution equipment for High Class Buildings, Marine, Healthcare and Laboratory sectors:
- Based in Finland with a global reach, specialising in challenging spaces!
- Attend our session to participate in the first public unveiling of our Measured Containment Control (MCC) concept for safer and more efficient ventilation of fume cupboards and other containment devices.
- Visit our stand to discuss how the Halton “Vita” Lab range of Variable Air Volume (VAV) devices and controllers with the unique MCC technology represents a more sustainable solution for Designers and Operators of Labs and Fume Cupboards.
ISG is an international construction services company delivering fit out, construction, engineering services and a range of specialist solutions.
- Learn more about our work at the Cell Therapy Catapult R&D and commercialisation facility.
- Join us to discuss how we can help you to create inspiring environments for your teams.
- Delivering critical buildings in challenging environments, our multidisciplinary construction and engineering teams are tailored to each project.
LTE SCIENTIFIC LTD LTE Scientific is one of the UK’s leading designers, manufacturers and service providers of laboratory autoclaves, thermal products and large-scale incubation/environmental rooms, delivering cost-effective solutions across a wide range of research and industrial sectors world-wide.
- Get details on our complete standard autoclave range, from 23 to 1,000 litres
- Talk to us about your service requirements. We have 15 engineers nation-wide.
- We manufacture a lot of equipment to customer-specific requirements. Ask for details.
RADLEYS Radleys provide innovative equipment for safer, cleaner, greener and more productive chemistry, with expertise focused on equipment for chemical synthesis, process development, work-up and evaporation.
- If you are heating, cooling or stirring liquids, then you can benefit from the technology we offer.
- We believe that forward thinking scientists and chemists are always seeking better ways of doing what they do.
- Our team of R&D chemists and engineers look at every detail of the chemistry workflow, to identify what changes can be made to improve the methods, apparatus and glassware that are used everyday.
SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC (Gold Sponsor) Schneider Electric the global leader in energy management and automation. Helping to manage energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable.
- Combining new businesses - building automation and security, installation systems and control, power monitoring and control, critical power and cooling services - to our historical strengths of power and control, we provide comprehensive solutions for science facilities.
- Talk to us about how our innovative systems, high spec sensors, redundancy approaches and other expertise can provide highly resilient approaches to sample storage.
- Attend our session on “Fully Integrated Building Control Solutions”.
THE AUSTIN COMPANY The Austin Company - Established in 1938 we provide multi-disciplinary design, engineering and construction management solutions focusing on the planning, design and construction of complex scientific teaching and research facilities and ancillary areas.
- Aberystwyth University Penglais Campus - The whole BREEAM Excellent building is naturally ventilated utilising cross ventilation, stack ventilation and wind catchers.
- Detailed design and construction of a new Advanced Therapeutic Medicinal Products research and manufacturing facility for the Welsh Government.
- Design and construction of a multi-function teaching laboratory for Anglia Ruskin University incorporating innovating solutions to limited space and infrastructure.
THE FAIRHURSTS DESIGN GROUP/MORGAN SINDALL Founded 120 years ago, The Fairhursts Design Group is a leading architectural practice with offices in Manchester and Southampton. The business has established itself as a trusted development partner with global reach, and offers architectural, masterplanning, interior design, space planning, landscape design and client representative services.
- FDG recently completed The GlaxoSmithKline Carbon Neutral Laboratory for Sustainable Chemistry at the University of Nottingham and the Wellcome Trust’s Sanger Sequencing Building in Cambridge.
- Other significant projects include the Materials Innovation Factory and APEX laboratories at the University of Liverpool.
- As well as the fit-out for Salford University’s digital learning centre and the HD Studios for Peel Media, both at MediaCityUK.
THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity.
- Launching our new, extremely efficient, Variable Speed Drive ultra-low temperature (-80o C) freezer: the Thermo Scientific TSX.
- Hear about how our BioSafety Cabinets offer the highest level of protection for users, their samples and the environment.
- Visit our stand to see how you can receive a free reusable Nalgene drinks bottle worth around £15.
TUTELA MONITORING SYSTEMS Tutela Monitoring Systems has provided web-based wireless temperature monitoring for more than 20 years for all types of medical and research facilities worldwide. Tutela Monitoring Systems are fully compliant, delivering unparalleled accuracy, with full audit trails for complete regulatory peace of mind. Tutela operates a 24/7 remote alarm bureau that promptly delivers any exception alarm to end-user staff for action without misinterpretation. An automated monitoring system eliminates time consuming manual tasks that have the potential for human error and inaccuracy and delivers full compliance and financial benefits.
- The new Genesis II System was designed specifically for the life science industry to be the most robust, flexible and future-proof solution for your temperature monitoring needs.
- The Tutela solution protects your invaluable research assets, eliminates compliance risk and releases valuable human resources.
- Speak with one of our temperature monitoring experts to find out why so many others have trusted Tutela for their temperature monitoring needs.
VEOLIA WATER TECHNOLOGIES UK Veolia Water Technologies specialises in delivering water purification systems and service support for a wide range of scientific applications. With over 75 years’ experience in water purification, we deliver reliable and easy to install systems to meet all your Type I to Type Ill laboratory water requirements. We offer stand alone equipment as well as complex central water systems and are the largest stockist of Lab fixtures in the UK.
- We are the market leader for laboratory water purification systems, offering a range of products and services for research, analytics and healthcare environments.
- We can provide help and expertise at all stages from conceptualising and finalising the design through to the build and system installation.
- We work closely with leading laboratory instrument companies to customise water purification systems for specific applications. We play a pro-active role with the water standards organisations, which develop and recommend the Lab water quality requirements.
VWR At VWR we specialise in offering a unique range of sustainability services. Our dedicated team works closely with customers, sharing the latest industry information to help you achieve your goals to lower running costs, reduce CO2 emissions and waste.
- Our services include: Custom Sustainability Assessments; Sustainable Practice & Product Advice; Training on relevant legislation.
- Visit our stand to learn more about our services and meet the team.
- For further information please contact our Sustainability Team via email: email@example.com.
WATER SAVER LABTAPS LTD WaterSaver LabTaps Ltd are manufacturers of high quality laboratory Water fixtures, Gas fixtures & emergency safety equipment designed to deal with the most demanding of laboratory environments. Based in Staffordshire, we service all of the UK and Europe and can provide full technical back up from start to finish on any size project.
- Largest stockist of Lab fixtures in the UK
- 2 Bespoke design service available
- 3 All products are WRAS approved and tested before installation.
WESTFIELD LABORATORIES/GRANT WESTFIELD Our unique laboratory environments are designed to maximise space, storage and efficiency for the industrial sector, educational and healthcare facilities, and pharmaceutical companies. Come and meet the team and let us demonstrate our complete laboratory service from consultation to design and specification.
- Learn more about work at the Technology and Innovation Centre.
- We are BIM ready at Level 2 for both public and private sector projects with all of our products detailed to the necessary level of development, allowing architects and contractors to work with confidence at all stages.
- We continue to develop our systems as we work towards manufacturing straight from the BIM.
WILLMOTT DIXON We: create some of the best places in the world for science and research to thrive; understand the need to get projects moving and research underway on day one; deliver cutting edge, technically challenging smarter buildings; engage, support, and educate both the scientific and local communities to widen the impact of our work together.
- Recent projects include: Nottingham BioCity, Oxford BioMedica, Centre for Medicine, University of Leicester, National Space Technology Facility, Harwell, and Nanoscience & Quantum Information, University of Bristol.
- Learn about how BIM and new collaborative design, finance and construction models create high performance and cost-effective science buildings at our panel discussion on the Nottingham BioCity project.
- Come and see our stand to learn more how our building expertise and funding solutions can make science happen for you.
PROFESSIONAL BODY EXHIBITOR
IST The Institute of Science and Technology is a professional body for technicians, specialist and technical managers, ensuring that they get the recognition and the careers they deserve. We are a Science Council Licensed Body for the award of CSci, RSci and RSciTech registration.
- Interested in professional recognition and your career development? - visit us, we can help.
- Find out the latest news on Science Council registration, and get help in achieving it.
- The IST is a professional body run by technicians for technicians - your career is our concern!