Rothamsted Exhibitors June 2016
These are the current exhibitors at our 2016 Rothamsted event. All text has been supplied by them and has not been validated by S-Lab. If you are interested in reaching our unique audience by exhibiting and/or sponsoring, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or see here for further details on each event.
Follow these links for a list of exhibitors at our Scottish Conference in March 2016 and our UK Conference at Leeds in September 2015.
Romero UK Ltd / Premier Laboratory Systems are sister companies which are leading suppliers of modular laboratory installations (including to the three S-Lab 2015 conference venues at Nottingham, Rothamsted and Strathclyde). Romero manufactures and installs low energy fume cupboards tested to EN14175. Premier supplies laboratory furniture tested and certificated to EN13150.
AECOM - Our specialist Science & Innovation team provides clients with business case support, pre-construction advice, masterplanning, delivery of new and refurbished laboratories and improved performance of existing ones.
BDP is an international practice of architects, engineers and urbanists who design sustainable masterplans and buildings for science and research across the academic, commercial and healthcare sectors, and deliver cost-effective solutions in response to complex briefs.
Critical Air Flow is a specialist in laboratory environmental control, including room airflow & pressurisation, fume cupboard containment and fume exhaust fan systems. Using the Aircuity DCV system, we can optimise room airflows to save energy, save money and improve safety.
Salix Finance delivers 100% interest-free capital to the public sector to improve their energy efficiency and reduce their carbon emissions.
Schneider Electric are the global leader in energy management and automation. Helping to manage energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable.
Romero UK Ltd / Premier Laboratory Systems are part of the Romero Group, leading manufacturers and suppliers of modular laboratory installations (including to the three S-Lab 2016 conference venues at Nottingham, Rothamsted and Strathclyde). Premier manufactures and installs low energy fume cupboards tested to EN14175 and Romero manufactures and supplies laboratory furniture tested and certificated to EN13150.
- The low air flow, high containment, range of DynamicFlow fume cupboards gets better and better with increased internal space and optional vision panels.
- We have over 1000 DynamicFlow units installed throughout the UK - in universities, pharmaceutical labs and research institutes.
- Combined with our Romerotech furniture range we have options for all types of installations.
AECOM (Gold Sponsor)
Our specialist Science & Innovation team provides clients with business case support, pre-construction advice, masterplanning, delivery of new and refurbished laboratories and improved performance of existing ones.
- Meet the team who designed the Pirbright and Eli Lilly Laboratories which feature in last year’s Conference programme, and who are now engaged in the University of Nottingham GSK Sustainable Chemistry Laboratory that will be featured in an S-Lab Conference on September 21.
- Discuss your bio-containment and sustainable laboratory requirements with our experts.
ALS (UK) LLP
From our premises located in Braintree, Essex, ALS (UK) LLP manufactures our own range of laboratory benching, and under bench storage units.
- With experience of undertaking installations in all areas of the laboratory marketplace, including: Pharmaceutical, healthcare, research, university, incubator sites, and industrial establishments.
- We consider our range to be one of the most flexible available.
- Neil Hancox our laboratory furniture expert will be on hand to discuss your requirements, and looks forward to meeting with you.
Established in 1884, Astell has been designing and manufacturing autoclaves for many years, so few can rival their knowledge in the field of sterilization. The company is a leading manufacturer of autoclaves in capacities from 33 – 2,000 litres. Their extensive range includes models suitable for all microbiology laboratory applications, from benchtop units, to large square section pass-through sterilizers.
- Autoclaves and Sterilizers from 33 – 2,000 litres.
- Effluent Decontamination System.
- Custom autoclaves designed to your requirements.
Asynt was formed in July 2003 to develop, supply and support new products that can increase science productivity in an environmentally positive way, at the same time saving space, money and time. We now offer a broad range of scientific equipment and consumables ranging from benchtop laboratory scale to pilot plant and beyond both in the chemical and biological sectors, including:
- The DrySyn range (www.drysyn.com) – a clean, safe alternative to oil baths and heating mantles) both reducing costs in purchasing / disposal of oil and a 35% reduction in energy consumption. Decap and recap with AperioTM , our semi-automated decapper.
- Our air cooled CondenSyn units and CondenSyn and Julabo water circulators which can greatly reduce the £1450 a year cost of running a traditional laboratory condenser.
- Other key product lines available include Asynt ReactoMate Controlled Lab Reactors, Julabo, Genlab, Porvair and Vacuubrand.
Autoscribe Informatics specialises in database management applications including Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) and Biobank Sample Management. Our solutions are used by leading laboratories worldwide to manage the flow of work through any kind of laboratory or similar environment.
- Visit our stand to see a demo of our LIMS and Biobank solutions.
- Attend our session on “Laboratory Information Management Systems for Sample and Test Tracking” and discover the secret to successful LIMS and Biobank implementations.
- Our built-in configuration tools ensure an exact fit to your requirements, now and in the future, with no custom coding. Industries using our solutions include Biobanks, Contract, Environmental and Nuclear Laboratories.
CSOLS - LABORATORY INFORMATICS SOFTWARE AND SERVICES
Our powerful software solutions can significantly improve productivity and quality in every laboratory by improving integration between instruments, automation systems, workflows and IT systems like LIMS. They are used across the world in the analytical services, biobanking, clinical biochemistry, pharmaceutical research, manufacturing, water and the environment sectors to reduce administrative burdens, automate calculations and decision making, eliminate transcription errors and improve traceability and the ability to demonstrate compliance.
- Learn about our products – AqcTools™ for data analysis; Remote Sampler™ for external site sampling; Links for LIMS™ instrument and laboratory systems integration software, RFTrackIT for sample tracking in biobanks, and PrepLab™ which helps manage and synchronise sample aliquots.
- Understand how a joined up approach to sample origination, preparation, storage and use can help science and save money and time.
- Learn more about the MRC brain sample labelling and tracking system that is based upon our RFTrackIT software (and which is described in Marie Hamard's session).
FluidX provide scientists with secure, long-term, storage solutions for chemical compounds and biological samples and so assist better understanding of disease processes, and the development of new treatments. Store your precious samples in FluidX 2D barcoded tubes and:
- Track them effectively with our FluidX IntelliCodeTM decoding software (which automatically detects rack type) and read them with our remote-use.PerceptionTM rapid whole rack reader, or Scope TM “plug and play” single tube reader
- Decap and recap with AperioTM, our semi-automated decapper.
- Keep them at optimal -20°C/-80°C outside the freezer thanks to CoolboxTM freezing systems.
GILSON SCIENTIFIC LIMITED
Gilson provides high quality, dependable solutions for today’s demanding liquid chromatography, solid phase extraction and liquid handling requirements. From the trusted and famous PIPETMAN products to a full range of system solutions, Gilson is the element of choice for your laboratory.
- Our line of innovative products will revolutionise the lab; providing the durability, flexibility, modularity and ease-of-use the industry has come to expect from Gilson.
- We have a worldwide sales and service supporting the pharmaceutical, biotech, environmental, clinical, food and forensic markets.
- Our primary focus is on manual and automated liquid handling solutions.
Grant Instruments (Cambridge) Ltd is a world renowned supplier and manufacturer of scientific, life sciences and data acquisition products. The company has been designing, manufacturing and distributing scientific products for 60 years and has established a worldwide reputation for high quality, reliable and robust systems designed to satisfy the most demanding applications for research in life sciences, chemical and the general laboratory.
- UK design and manufacture since 1952.
- Up to 4 years warranty with world renowned product quality and reliability.
- UK based customer service and technical support.
Huber Kältemaschinenbau is the worldwide technology leader for high precision thermoregulation solutions in research and industry. The company employs approximately 250 employees at its headquarters in Offenburg and operates internationally with offices and trading partners.
- More than 140,000 Huber temperature control products are in use in science, research and industrial applications.
- The Huber product range offers solutions for all temperature applications from -125 °C to +425 °C.
- It includes highly dynamic temperature control systems with cooling capacities up to 250 kW as well as chillers and heating and cooling thermostats for applications in laboratory, pilot plant and production.
KNF - LABORATORY PUMPS AND ROTARY EVAPORATORS
Whatever your pumping requirements are, whether it to be the transfer of neutral, corrosive or aggressive liquids or gases KNF have the pumping solution for you. Our range of general purpose and chemically resistant pumps and systems have been recognised in the S-Lab and other Award schemes, and are suitable for numerous applications around the laboratory and educational establishments..
- Visit our stand to see our state-of-the-art rotary evaporators: tailored to scientist’s practical needs with elegant, easy-to-clean, design and a range of features focused on efficient, simple and reliable operation and increased operator safety (including a unique wireless remote control unit).
- Our unique diaphragm principles enable maintenance-free and long-life products.
- Introductory packages, KNF Lab notebooks and pens available for attendees of the conference.
Labcold, a specialist UK manufacturer and UKAS calibration laboratory has supplied the scientific community for over 40 years with scientific fridges and freezers designed to meet the needs of the most demanding professional. The Labcold product portfolio includes:
- All new sparkfree range designed from the ground up for laboratory safety featuring a digital temperature display, high/low alarms and a door lock fitted as standard.
- Medical device certified blood banks, plasma freezers and platelet agitators and incubators.
- IntelliColdÂ© and Advanced pharmacy refrigerators designed for the safe storage of temperature sensitive pharmaceuticals.
Based in Borehamwood, Labmode Ltd are a specialist provider of laboratory equipment and services, including autoclaves, balances, biological safety cabinets, centrifuges, cryogenic storage, freezers, gel documentation, glass washing machines, histology devices, ice makers, incubators, microscopes, ovens, pumps, refrigeration units, shakers, water systems and remote lab monitoring and wireless alarm systems.
- Learn about our new product ranges – low energy Kojair Biological Safety Cabinets, and SLEE Medical cryostats, embedding centers, microtomes, staining systems and tissue processors.
- Hear about the S-Lab Award winning Nordic extended length ultra-low temperature freezers which provide significant energy, space and cost savings compared to conventional designs – developed at Wageningen University in the Netherlands and now available in the UK.
- Attend our session to hear about how our specialised cryogenic and freezer models can enhance science quality, and save you energy, money and time.
PANASONIC BIOMEDICAL SALES EUROPE BV
Panasonic Biomedical Sales Europe BV are specialists in the sales and support of temperature controlled biomedical and laboratory products for sample preservation and storage, medical and pharmacy storage, incubation, cell and tissue culture and in-lab sterilization. Our latest generation of products are designed to provide high performance, energy efficiency and sample security.
- Energy efficient ULT Freezers with green HC refrigerants, and Dual Cooling ULT Freezers for enhanced sample protection.
- Cell Culture Incubators with rapid hydrogen peroxide decontamination.
- Cryo-storage systems and Controlled Environments.
SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC (Gold Sponsor)
Schneider Electric the global leader in energy management and automation. Helping to manage energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable.
- Combining new businesses - building automation and security, installation systems and control, power monitoring and control, critical power and cooling services - to our historical strengths of power and control, we provide comprehensive solutions for science facilities.
- Learn about the latest developments in environmental monitoring and soft landings from our session or visit our stand.
- Attend our session on latest innovations in building controls.
THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC
Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity.
- Launching our new, extremely efficient, Variable Speed Drive ultra-low temperature (-80o C) freezer: the Thermo Scientific TSX.
- Hear about how our BioSafety Cabinets offer the highest level of protection for users, their samples and the environment.
- Visit our stand to see how you can receive a free reusable Nalgene drinks bottle worth around £15.
Triple Red has UKAS and ISO accreditation and supplies, installs, services and maintains laboratory equipment and consumables in the UK, supplying all main UK universities, Biotech, Pharma, NHS and private hospitals.
- Fully experienced project planning team available for redesign/new builds and complete turnkey design capability for laboratory equipment planning.
- Come and talk to us about our energy saving laboratory equipment solutions.
- Small energy saving water units with 50% recovery of RO water, recycling of water, innovative low energy variable speed motors and reservoirs made from recyclable polyethylene.
At VWR we specialise in offering a unique range of sustainability services. Our dedicated team works closely with customers, sharing the latest industry information to help you achieve your goals to lower running costs, reduce CO2 emissions and waste.
- Our services include: Custom Sustainability Assessments – determine how to cut costs and energy use; Equipment Profiling – enable informed purchasing decisions; Sustainable Practice & Product Advice – reduce environmental impact; Training on relevant legislation – increase company awareness; and Product Development – continuously improve efficiency and running costs.
- Visit our stand to learn more about our services and meet the team.
- For further information please contact our Sustainability Team via email: email@example.com.
Ziath Limited specialises in sample tracking and sample management applications in both the academic and the pharmaceutical/biotech industry sectors. We focus on managing large sample libraries (compound management, biobanking and sample management) using 2D datamatrix tubes.
- Founded in 2005, Ziath develops innovative new products designed to simplify processes in life science organisations.
- In addition, Ziath offers consulting and contracting work to clients.
- Contact us to find out more information.
PROFESSIONAL BODY EXHIBITOR
The Institute of Science and Technology is a professional body for technicians, specialist and technical managers, ensuring that they get the recognition and the careers they deserve. We are a Science Council Licensed Body for the award of CSci, RSci and RSciTech registration.
- Interested in professional recognition and your career development? - visit us, we can help.
- Find out the latest news on Science Council registration, and get help in achieving it.
- The IST is a professional body run by technicians for technicians - your career is our concern!